The town of Stephenville is located on the north shore of St. Georgeâ€™s Bay in south-western Newfoundland. This area was once known as the Acadian Village which was founded in 1844 by two English families from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.
Currently Stephenville has a population of 8,000 and is the service centre for the surrounding area of 25,000. Stephenville has a sound economic infrastructure based on long-time commercial interests and industries.
Stephenville is only hours away from eastern North American cities by air; regularly scheduled flights serve the Deer Lake International Airport and this airport is only 1.5 hrs drive on the Trans Canada highway from Stephenville.
By way of the Trans Canada highway and route 490, Stephenville is only 170 kilometres from the Marine Atlantic ferry terminal in Channel-Port aux Basques which connects Nova Scotia to Newfoundland.